Because many individuals with Alzheimer’s disease suffer a loss of depth perception, Kendal is particularly attentive to the use of color and contrast, to distinguish walls from furniture, for example. Whittier includes an indoor-outdoor walking garden, as an alternative to Kendal’s existing outdoor circular walking garden. The large common area, includes space for the residents to participate in the therapeutic milieu. Residents enjoy socializing, music, games, and other activities. Individual choice is always respected and the daily life of residents is based on their past and current interests. It is the goal of the program is to maintain residents’ independence, offer them the support that is needed with their disease diagnosis, and maintain their connection to the Kendal at Hanover community.
SECURE MEMORY CARE
Whittier Memory Support Area
- Experienced, compassionate staff to provide 24-hour care
- Medication assistance and management
- Living accommodations offered within a secured, activity-based environment
- All meals, including special diets
- Activities such as musical performances, discussion groups, fitness and social events
- Large common area includes space for participation in the therapeutic milieu
Social and recreational services
- Use of the community center amenities, with supervision, including swimming pool, library, dining rooms, hair salon, etc.
Get In Touch
Contact us to learn more about direct admission to the Whittier Memory Support Area.